1.7
Turnaround Time

I took my truck in for an estimate. It is black, and the roof clear coat was delaminating.

I told that manager that I wanted to paint the roof, but, that I wanted it to be white, to help reflect the heat from this Florida sunshine. He assured me that it would not be a problem. That it would be done in a base coat/clear coat system, but, that they would not cut and buff it. That would have to be my decision, that they just didn't have anyone to do that.

I told him, that would not be a problem, I can do the cut and buff, myself. I took the truck in on a Thursday morning, and was told it would be ready by 5:00pm the same day.-, and he would call me when it was ready. I didn't get a call, so, I called the next day (Friday) and told him I needed the truck, and when would it be ready. He said it was too cold, and it would be later evening by 5:00pm, again.

Still no call, I called again on was told it was going to be ready, but, I had to get there by 11:30am, because he had things to do. I got there at 11:00am, and the truck was outside, not cleaned up, masking tape still on it, and the top was BLACK. It was painted with an alkyd resin single stage enamel (cheapest paint there is). And then I started looking it over, and I could see it was not prepped properly at all, and was full of dirt and dust, and the edges were not even painted.

I confronted the manger, but, he was too busy taking care of another irate customer, that was so upset that he called the police try to get his car from them. He said leave the truck there, and he would have the roof repainted white. I explained he had already taken three days of my time, and he would not let me take the truck until I paid him. We had made other arrangements for a trade we had agreed on earlier, but, now he didn't want to honor that agreement either.

And I had to pay him the bill in cash. I told him I would pay, when it was done properly, but, he would not let me have it until I paid.

I told him then, that I did not want him to do any more work on my truck, and he could settle this, now. Now, I have a screwed up black roof, that was supposed to be white, that is full of dirt, and unpainted edges, that will have to stripped from that cheap paint, and prepped properly and repainted.

Product or Service Mentioned: Econo Auto Painting Truck Painting.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Comments